NGI's Board of Directors
The NGI foundation is led by a Board of directors and NGI's Managing director.
NGI's Board of Directors 2023 - Top row from left: Christen Krogh, Morten Albjerg Liingaard, Jon Sandnes, Kari Nygaard, Mona Skaret and Ivar Arne Børset. Second row from left: Regula Frauenfelder, Håkon Heyerdahl, Magnus Rømoen, Vikas Thakur and Elin Skurtveit.
According to NGI’s statutes, the Board shall have a minimum of four and a maximum of six members who NGI does not employ. They are elected for three calendar years at a time with the possibility of re-election for one period. The Board is NGI's highest body, and the Board itself appoints new external members when former members resign from the Board.
External Board members should preferably have a background in:
- consulting engineering
- construction or industry
- scientific higher education or other technical public sectors
- business practice in the fields of administration, finance, or law
The legislation regulates employees' right to Board representation at any time. The election period for employee members is two years, with the possibility of re-election.
The Board can choose an observer with relevant background for two years at a time, with the possibility of re-election. The NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) research group on geotechnical engineering has had an observer on the NGI Board ever since the early 1960s when NGI’s lab and office in Trondheim became the NTH (former name of NTNU) Institute for Geotechnics. NGI opened a new branch office in Trondheim in 2002.
NGI Board members 2023
Presented according to position on the top picture, from top left:
- Chair, Christen Krogh, Rector dr. Philos, OsloMET
- Board member, Morten Albjerg Liingaard, Senior Lead Specialist, Ørsted
- Board member Jon Sandnes, Managing Director, The Federation of Norwegian Construction Industries (BNL)
- Board member Kari Nygaard, Managing Director, NILU
- Board member Mona Skaret, Department manager, Division Director Development, The Norwegian Tax Administration
- Board member Ivar Arne Børset, SVP Operations and Maintenance management, Statkraft AS
- Elected by NGI employees, Regula Frauenfelder, Expert Adviser, NGI
- Elected by NGI employees, Håkon Heyerdahl, Head of Section, NGI
- Elected by NGI employees, Magnus Rømoen, BIM Strategist, NGI
- Observer, Vikas Thakur, Professor, Head of Department - Civil and Environmental Engineering, NTNU
- Elected deputy member by NGI employees, Elin Skurtveit, Senior Specialist, NGI