NGI took the initiative to establish a Joint Industry Research Project (JIP) with cooperation and funding from its clients over many years on issues related to the design of offshore piles. The project started in mid-2014 and was completed on 31st December 2017.
The JIP project had six sponsors:
- Statoil ASA
- Lundin Norway AS
- Ørsted (previously Dong Energy)
- DNV·GL AS
The Project reported to a Steering Committee (SC) with representatives from the sponors. SC meetings were held at approx-imately six month intervals. The SC had the following representatives:
- Gülin Yetginer, Statoil, Chair
- Torstein Alm, Lundin Norway As
- Michael Mygind, Ørsted (previously Dong Energy, replaced by Miguel Pacheco Andrade, Ørsted (previously Dong Energy)
- Knut Olav Ronold, DNV·GL AS, replaced by Gudfinnur Sigurdsson, DNV·GL AS
- Ravindra Ghanekar, ONGC
- Elisabeth Porto, Petrobras, replaced by Cláudio Amaral, Petrobras
The project was completed on 31st December 2017 with the submission of final reports and technical notes to the sponsors. In the interest of the project, the sponsors may comment on the final reports until 30th June 2018. The comments will then be addressed by NGI by 1st September 2018.
NGI Project team
NGI Project leader: Farrokh Nadim
Vital contributions also from Suzanne Lacasse and Zhongqiang Liu.