The NATWIP project is led by Södertörn University, Stockholm, with partners from the following countries:
- Sweden: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (‘affiliated entity’)
- S. Africa: Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch
- Brazil: Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, International Institute for Sustainability (IIS)
- Spain: Technical University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona
- Norway: Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI), Oslo
- India: A.N. College, Patliputra University, Patna
The partners represent different knowledge backgrounds and specializations, and the consortium includes not only academic institutions but also research foundations and private sector, further facilitating development of collaborative action in the field. Knowledge transfer within the consortium will be within the following: 1) cross-disciplinary, 2) spatial, 3) methodological.