In the current situation, the following applies:
- NGI is complying with requirements and recommendations from the authorities to contribute to the effort to limit the spread of infection.
- Most of our employees now operate from a home office to minimise inter-personal contact. A skeleton team with key roles remain in our offices, where their attendance is essential to keep the business running. For these personnel, we have clear rules and barriers to minimise the risk of infection.
- As far as possible, we are maintaining operations and commitments to clients and partners, with a view to keeping project progress on schedule.
- We continue to prioritize our contributions to socially-critical tasks and emergency preparedness for natural hazards such as avalanches.
- Business travel has been put on hold.
- We have implemented flexible solutions for our employees. This includes solutions for our employees with children at home (due to temporary closure of schools and kindergartens) and provision of various online solutions.
NGI is following the situation closely and we will evaluate and implement new steps on an ongoing basis. NGI works closely with our clients and partners, and we have a strong focus on proactive communication. We are therefore trying to maintain scheduled meetings using the best possible digital interactive solutions.
Please contact your project manager or other contact person at NGI with any questions you may have about your customer relationship with NGI: see https://www.ngi.no/eng/About-NGI/Who-are-we/Organisational-chart and https://www.ngi.no/Om-NGI/Employees.
This information will be updated as the situation progresses.
The Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI) is a leading international centre for research and consulting within the geosciences. NGI develops optimum solutions for society, and offers expertise on the behaviour of soil, rock and snow and their interaction with the natural and built environment. NGI works within the markets Offshore energy; Building, construction and transportation; Natural hazards, and Environmental Engineering. NGI is a private foundation with office and laboratory in Oslo, branch office in Trondheim, and daughter companies in Houston, Texas, USA, and Perth, Western Australia. NGI was established in 1953.
- covid-19, Covid-19, Korona, NGI