NGI reception during the OTC 2011 conference
NGI hosted a reception during the OTC 2011 conference. The evening reception, held at Zaza hotel included a short seminar presented by James Strout, head of the instrumentation division in NGI Oslo.
NGI presented by James Strout
NGI managing director Suzanne Lacasse introduced the team in the Houston office which includes the return of Knut Schroder (first director of NGI Inc from 2002 til 2008). Knut has joined the Houston team as a senior technical advisor.
James then introduced the current work in NGI which includes:
- numerical modeling of complex problems
- drop penetration anchor modeling, large deformation
- modeling of drill-bit contact stresses
- wind turbine foundations
- integrated pile monitoring systems
- CO2 storage in geological formations
- shallow gas detection systems
- laboratory testing of pipe-soil interaction
- oil and gas exploration using electro-magnetic waves to identify oil reservoirs
- a useful Apple app presenting real-time avalanche risk using sensor networks.
Look throuh James Strout's presentation
Attending delegates were also invited for a drink and buffet meal. NGI's reception is held every year usually on the Wednesday of the OTC week which is usually the first week of May.